Thursday

Summer Thoughts

As the ocean caresses the land,
so I wish to caress you.
As the sky embraces the earth,
so I wish to embrace you.
As the Sun shines for the Moon,
so I wish to shine for you.
As the Nightingale praises the dawn,
so I shall sing for you.
In this crazy, spinning world
of crazy, spinning things
and hordes of confused people,
oh! what joy it brings
to know that of the billions
of us that come to be,
I happened to you!
And you happened to me!
So forgive my enthusiasm
if you think I'm in excess
but I can't believe you're real
'less I feel your soft caress
And I can't believe you're mortal
with your ethereal charms
'less I feel your heart's life-rhythm
when I hold you in my arms.
And I'm sorry that there's hatred
in this world that we both face
but I'm trying to improve it,
to fill it with love and grace.
For that's my greatest tribute,
the best that I can do:
to recreate the world
and deliver it to you.

No comments: