Sunday

Words don't always suffice, but

Let's talk about love
Not that shit that gets sold as cheap cheap cards
and diamond bracelets
I mean, let's talk about love
Let's talk about the things that noone has time for anymore
a handwritten letter
a walk in the park
a rootbeer float, two straws
About the things they've been replaced with
chocolate and flowers on the "right days"
second-hand poetry
a big house
About how little we know, how
little we've seen, how
much we want
About how your smiles are especially charming at twilight
About how I forget myself around you
How I promise not to give you a house
or flowers or chocolate on the "right days",
but a home, no matter the where? or how large?
and daisies on Thursdays, just because
And how I will always, always write my own poetry
Let's talk
About you
About me
About us
Yes, let's talk about us

No comments: